I wasn’t going to post tonight, but I feel it’s my “public service” duty to give you some details to the weekend. Again, it’s ALL rain. However, it warrants attention. Here are some of the details:
- Begins Sunday late day, early evening. Sunday night, for a brief period, will be just light steady rain.
- Sunday night into Monday morning: The morning commute is going o be an all out mess. Heavy rain, wind gusts in most of the state in the area of 30-40 MPH.
- Monday day: Horrible. Indoor recess for me. Followed by an insane, messy dismissal, and the most intense part of the storm. Downstate look for flooding down the beaches and in pockets all across the state.
- Monday night: STILL raining. The intensity will be less as the storm passes us off the coast. Still very windy.
- Tuesday morning: Residual rain. Damage reports galore. Insurance people will be busy and life will go on :}
- Rain totals to be in the 1.5 inch to 2 inch rain. I’m going for the over. The storm will stall for a brief period Monday during the day.
- And cold, damp rain. ICKY!
- Serious beach erosion, but it won’t be as bad as the Jersey coast. 50 knot winds (Close to 60 MPH) off the Jersey coast (Graphic) Delaware beaches will see in the neighborhood of 30-40 knots or (35-45MPH) Not terrible, but it will be significant with tidal flooding.
- As ALWAYS stay safe! :}