Who would have thought March would be our coldest and “snowiest” month of Winter 2017. 4 inches on Tuesday makes it a GRAND TOTAL of 9 inches for the entire winter. That’s 10 inches below average. This will make it our first winter in about 3-4 years we are WELL BELOW average. Oh well, we had our chances.
Friday night into Saturday will be a very light snow as a wet,nothing system arrives from the west. It will probably be more sleet looking “snow” or just wet flakes. Then the remainder of the day should be mostly rain. Another system drops from the NW and forms a low offshore off of the Delmarva. It will be at or below freezing. So, the system could touch off some light snow showers, or wet showers. Expect little or no accumulation for either system. Perhaps, a coating on Friday night. BUST FACTOR: 9
NEW GUIDELINES FOR REPORTING MAJOR SNOWSTORMS:
- NO MORE SNOW MAPS: They only create confusion, and to a degree, lead to false understanding of actual accumulating snow. Plus, I could just put 0-60. Yet, that isn’t fair either. It’s misleading!
2. 24 HOUR RULE: I will not do a video, or show graphics of models depicting “EPIC” snow amounts until we are under 24 hours from the actual storm. They create hyperbole, and that’s mostly my excitement getting in the way of things. The blizzard of last year was EPIC. And that was probably the most confident I had been in years. Yet, I was a mess that week because I did so many videos I stressed myself out. Keep it even Delaware Weather Guy! (ha,ha)
3. NO SNOW TOTALS: I will give “Up to a foot, possible” , or “could give us 5 inches.” I have to do a better job of not believing what I’m hearing and question everything. This way nobody can say, “Well, you said between 5-10 inches” . It puts me in a vulnerable spot. It creates undo stress on me, and confuses you when I start to peddle back. Again, not fair to you or me.
4. GIVE YOU A BUST METER: Since we live in the I-95 corridor to “HE**” where EVERY SNOWSTORM meets its doom, I have to give you a BUST NUMBER. So, 1 would be the lowest and 10 would be the highest. This way YOU KNOW it has the potential to falter. We agree that it could be nothing. Every storm has a bust in it. Yet, this is getting ridiculous around here. Every storm we go through the same thing. It’s just our LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION . I just gave you one for tomorrow night into Saturday (ha.,ha)
5. YOUR THE BEST: I know I have faithful followers. I know I can make mistakes. And you prop me back up when I’m down. Yet, I’m not a quitter. Never have. Never will. YOUR THE BEST!
Adios for the weekend! Unless this system turns into a BLIZZARD! (ha,ha, ha)